June 28, 2021
Planning continues for America’s next international philatelic exhibition, Boston 2026 World Expo, taking place May 23-30 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
- The show’s corporate officers and organizing committee members have been active in several areas this past year:
- An initial show layout was prepared and included in an RFP (request for proposal) sent to prospective decorator firms now under consideration.
- Prospective dealers are encouraged to contact Bourse Chair Mark Reasoner (Mark.Reasoner@Boston2026.org) to be added to an informational email list for news when available.
- Discussions are underway with mints to produce show medals.
- An outline for the Boston 2026 membership drive is being reviewed with specifics to be announced in the upcoming months.
- A newly revised website is expected to go live by mid-August.
And activity in the Boston environs:
- The Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (https://www.signatureboston.com/bcec/) reopened for events as of May 29 when pandemic restrictions in Massachusetts and Boston were lifted.
- A contract has been signed with the housing company onPeak to negotiate show rates with hotels in the Seaport/convention center area, as well as manage attendees’ hotel reservations.
Join Boston 2026 World Expo representatives for an hour-long open meeting at the Great American Stamp Show in Chicago on Thursday, August 12 at 2 PM (room to be announced), with a presentation on progress to date followed by a question-and-answer session. The gathering will feature an unveiling ceremony for the first in a series of limited-edition show promotional labels created by stamp designer Chris Calle.
Find out additional information online at www.boston2026.org and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Thomas M. Fortunato
Boston 2026 Public Relations Chair